Our vision at Ubuntu is and always has been to see all Australians have immediate, affordable access to Cannabis in it’s natural form, the way nature has provided it to us.
For the last 4yrs as a community we have been assisting individuals who choose to use Cannabis Food Concentrates with dietary guidelines and support, as well as holding multiple workshops on the east coast of Australia, hosting and attending rally’s and community gatherings and lobbying the government for affordable access to whole plant Cannabis for all Australians. As well as supporting the sick we have, and continue to offer support to dissadvantaged families and the homeless in Newcastle and the Lake Macquarie region.
Our organisation relies on donations and community support. If you would like to join our community and support the valuable community service we offer to thousands of Australian’s you can do so here. https://www.churchofubuntu.org/dana/
See below our Philosophy, Vision and Mission statement.
- 3. Philosophy/Vision Statement
- (1) Ubuntu is a non-dualistic multi-faith philosophy and way of life. “Ubuntu” is a Zulu word that means “I am because we are”. The same concept is called “Sohum” in Sanskrit, meaning “You are, therefore I am”. Ubuntu (Sohum) means recognizing and acting reverentially because we are all related, interdependent and connected parts of our sacred earth and universe.
- (2) We understand that the solitary individual is a contradiction in terms and that fulfilment and satisfaction for the human individual arises in community. We therefore commit to working together for the common good because our humanity comes into its own only in belonging.
- (3) We recognize that the “I” exists only in relationship to others. We believe that the earth is, therefore “We” are; My ancestors and teachers were, therefore I am.
- (4) We aim to peacefully contest the manipulation of creation for greed or selfish intent, believing this to be a violation of Sacred Lore. To us, all of Creation in its natural form is Sacred. “The Earth Is Therefore I Am” (Genesis 1:29 – Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.”)
- 1. 4. Mission Statement
- (1) We seek to create an ecologically sustainable, resilient, and socially just society, through the spiritual recognition of our interdependence and connection. We strive to exude the qualities of kindness, compassion, integrity, and respect for all sentient beings, and the environment in which they exist. We aim to work together to find constructive solutions that help unite our world, and make it better.
- 1. 5. Objectives
- (1)To combat illness and disadvantage in our communities through establishing self-managed community wellness clinics.
- (2) To encourage individual self-responsibility for health and well-being.
- (3) To create a self-funded alternative natural health network to allopathic medicines.
- (4) To provide advice and support that encompasses the full-spectrum of human needs: Mind, Body & Spirit.
- (5) To seek the legalisation of illegal natural plants or herbs with proven health benefits to humanity.
- (6) To be actively involved in activities that further our vision, mission & philosophy.
- (7) To support organisations, groups and individuals acting to further our vision, mission and philosophy.
- (8) To expound and support the values and teachings of Natural, Traditional, Indigenous, and Sacred Lore.
- (9) To expound and support the values and teachings of all the recognised faiths.