Dr. Glidden’s 10 questions to ask your oncologist
1. Does the therapy you’re recommending cure my cancer?
2. What causes my cancer?
3. If the treatment you’re recommending doesn’t cure my cancer, what can I expect?
4. What side effects from the treatment can I expect?
5. Can the treatment give me cancer?
6. How are you going to manage the side effects of the treatment if they happen?
7. What’s going to happen to the quality of my life while I’m undergoing this treatment?
8. How much are you going to profit from this treatment?
9. How much is the hospital going to profit from this treatment?
10. Can I talk to 5 different patients in my same demographic, with the same Cancer, who had the same treatment, to see how they’re doing?